The Education charity has recently awarded a Small Grant of £1,270 to support the 9th Phoenix Garden Agricultural Show and St Giles Fayre.
Most years, Phoenix Garden organises a community festival in early autumn for the local community. They aim to recreate a ‘traditional country fayre’ in the heart of London.
This years show will feature:
- Millers Ark Rare Breed mobile farm – where children can have hands on experience with farm animals.
- Punch & Judy performances – with a talk on the history and traditions of Punch & Judy and performances.
- London Pride Morris Men – will perform traditional dances, with an opportunity for audience participation.
- Crystal Palace Brass Band – a community brass band, will perform a range of music both traditional and modern.
- A bouncy castle – for young visitors to ‘let off steam’.
- Market Place – a range of crafty exhibitors and information stalls, including the London Beekeepers with a display showhive and bee-related produce.
Our grants helps fund the children’s activities and we are very proud to have supported the last seven events.
The Trustees also approved the following grants:
- £10,000 for St Barnabas Primary School – to fund London Music Masters, a whole school music intervention programme that provides all children (and their parents) violin and music lessons.
- £10,000 for London Basketball Association – to run BOOST (Basketball for Outstanding Opportunities, Skills and Training) in south Westminster.
- £35,269 to Anna Freud Centre – to deliver half a day per week of family therapy support in six local schools.