The Education charity has recently awarded a Community Investment Grant of £45,000 (over three years) to Pimlico Musical Foundation (PMF).
PMF is a young charity founded by Pimlico people to provide free music education locally so that primary school children enjoy singing great music. They run four different music programmes:
- Schools programme: they offer a bespoke programme to the five local schools which can include music assemblies, after school choir clubs, and timetabled music lessons;
- Pimlico Children’s Choir: an extra-curricular choir for approx 40 children who want to extend their singing and perform in a termly concert;
- Foundation Scholars: a small selected group of talented children receive 4 hours’ training per week including one-to-one singing and orchestral instrument tuition resulting in a high level music education;
- PMF Chorus: an adult choir who provide singing support at concerts.
The charity has already provided a one-off grant to help start the Foundation Scholars programme and were pleased to provide core funding to support this very committed local charity.
The Trustees also approved the following grants:
- £10,000 for All Souls Clubhouse – to support their ongoing schools programme at All Souls Primary School
- £9,560 to Family Lives – to contribute towards their family befriending service in south Westminster
- £4,500 to Mousetrap Theatre – to deliver two ‘dramatic impact’ programmes with young people at St Andrew’s Youth Club.